Practice standards covered in this course
Click on the individual letter to view each standard.
Knowledge and Skills Statement (KSS) covered in this course
Safeguarding, SEND and Preparing for Adulthood
The Preparing for Adulthood team is working with partners from NWG Exploitation Response Group, Sandwell Council and The Ann Craft Trust at the University of Nottingham to bring this event to the West Midlands
Who is involved in this event?
The Preparing for Adulthood team is working with partners from NWG Exploitation Response Group, Sandwell Council and The Ann Craft Trust at the University of Nottingham to bring this event to the West Midlands.
What is it going to be about?
We plan to cover a wide range of topics including:
• The lessons from research and serious case reviews relating to the risk of exploitation among children and young people who have SEND/learning disabilities
• Some key messages about exploitation and safeguarding during adolescence and early adulthood- how young people are viewed & labelled
• The importance of our roles as parents and carers and professionals in responding to the needs of young people as they grow up; holistic whole life practice
• The fine balance between keeping young people safe and allowing positive risk -taking including helping young people to protect themselves from an early age, protective actions and what we can do to promote inclusion
• Understanding consent
• The importance of partnership working across children’s and adult services and the challenges/possibilities within the system
We hope that this will be the start of a helpful dialogue to inform practice
Who is this for?
The event is open to professionals across education, health and care both children’s and adult services, parent carers and anyone who is supporting young people into adulthood
How much does it cost?
The event is free thanks to Department for Education funding for the Preparing for Adulthood programme.
How do I register?
Please fill out the form that you can find here:
All social workers
Staff working directly with Children and Young People
Staff working directly with Children and Families
Residential Staff and other staff as deemed necessary
All Social Workers and those who enter the court arena
All Social Workers and Managers
All Social Workers Managers and Support Workers
Family Solution staff and those completing Early Help Assessments
All Social Workers and staff working with Children Looked After
Staff Undertaking Assessments of Families and Children
Social Work Champions
Early Years Staff
Virtual School Staff
Education Outcomes Staff
Learning Support Service Staff
Dudley Grid for Leanrning Staff
Child Care Strategy Team